Waiting For Jeannie

A Tale Of Triumph by Dannell Lites
You sit quietly and wait. For most of your long life you have waited for one thing or another; for the mission to start, for the mision to be over. But most of all for the peace with the beast inside you that always seemed to elude your grasp. For most of your long life you have waited for these and many other things and still you have not found them. Creed would be pleased. You have rebelled, gone your own way and asked the council of no one.

Except maybe for Jeannie.

The Phoenix has battered her wild way past all your defenses; she is in your blood now. You smile at the thought of blood. Chuck would say that Jeannie is good at breaching walls however sturdily built. She has a knack for that, the telepath would tell you if he could. He should have warned you about that. Would you have listened? No. You would not. That is in your blood too. Your anxious eyes scan the doorway of the large elegant mansion searching for a shock of long red hair, the glimpse of bright jade green eyes and your hands tighten reflexively on the wheel of the rugged jeep. Another toy. You're fond of toys. The bigger and brighter the better. But you have a tendency to break your toys. Only when they lie broken and damaged at your feet do you realize that you have played too roughly with them; treated them too harshly. But then, you have never regretted that.

Except maybe for Jeannie.



Read more of Waiting for Jeannie