Lockheed: A Day In The Life Of...

by Sarah Glaetzer
The following excerpt taken from the Lockheed limited series at Marvel-X, Issue #1, February 1999, written by Sarah Glaetzer.
It was a fairly cool day, and the wind rushed past him in a way that only dragons and other flying beings will ever appreciate. Looking down over the city, he smiled his little dragon smile, barely aware that he was really looking for Kitty among the busy commuters of the city.

He caught a whiff of smoke floating in the breeze, and glanced around to see where it was coming from. Far off in the distance, he spotted smoke billowing from a small house. He adjusted his flight path, gaining speed against the current of the wind.

As he approached, he could make out the house was on fire. This much, he had guessed already. What he hadn't expected was to see a distraught woman outside, wringing her hands, and sobbing.

Acknowledging the lady with a nod, Lockheed flew into the dense smoke, seeking the only noise he could hear that wasn't caused by the fire.

"Sounds like a cat," he thought, "Hope it won't scratch me! Damn cats..."


Want to know what happens? Head on over to Marvel-X to find out!
http://www.chariot.net.au/~daelf/marvel-x/lockheed.htm