Juggernaut : Sticky Situation


by Eric J. Moreels

Excerpt from the monthly Juggernaut series at Marvel-X, issue #9, August 1999:
"Watch where yer goin, buddy!" Cain growled, and then realised who he had grabbed.

Grabbing the front of Cain's top, the Blob replied "Why don't you watch whereyer goin'!"

"What're you doin' here, Dukes?"

"I'm here t'be by myself, Marko... and I can't do that when you're here!"

"Last time I checked it was a free country, Dukes - I can drink anywhere I wanna!"

"Not here ya ain't!" replied the Blob, his temper rising.

"Oh yeah?" replied Cain, his temper also at breaking point, "And what're yagonna do..."

Before Cain could finish his threat, he found himself on the receiving end of a blow struck by the Blob. He crashed into the jukebox, scattering compact discs and causing the box itself to spark and fizz in its' death-throes. Cain immediately summoned his crimson armour, picked himself up out of the tangled remains, and charged headlong at the Blob.

Fred Dukes, a.k.a. the Blob, simply stood his ground, for he was a mutant, possessed of the power to lower the gravity surrounding him, making him immoveable. The Juggernaut, on the other hand, was an unstoppable force, thanks to the powers granted him by the Ruby of Cyttorak, once he set on a path, nothing could stand in his way.

Just what does happen when an unstoppable force meets an immoveable object?


Want to find out what happens? Head over to Marvel-X and find out! http://www.chariot.net.au/~daelf/marvel-x/jugg9.htm