To Catch a Falling Star

by Bobbi Todd
The following is a brief introduction to the story "To Catch A Falling Star", a sequel to "Star Struck". Your comments and thoughts on this story would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.

Disclaimer:
Star, Matthew, and a few other characters are my own and may not be used without my permission. All other characters are the property of Marvel Comics and are used here without their permission. All characters and incidents contained herein are fictional. Any resemblance to actual persons or incidents is coincidental.

This story contains graphic fight scenes and reference to rape. Parents be advised.

She woke with a start as the car smoothly took the curve of the highway, allowing the sun to shine in her eyes. She blinked, confused. Jubilee was beside her, chattering happily about which of her new clothes would go with what. Jean was driving while Storm was turned in her seat to listen to Jubilee, directly behind her. Star listened without interrupting, still trying to comprehend fashion. She tended to wear clothing that was comfortable, her only concession to style was in NOT wearing color combinations that her friends objected to. When required to wear shoes, she usually wore the moccasin boots Jubilee had given her, but most often she went bare foot. Suddenly there was a loud noise and the car swerved sharply left. Storm struck the back of her head on the window, shattering the glass. Their car was thrown into the path of an oncoming semi. Jean fought the steering wheel and tried to get them out of the way of the larger vehicle, but even with her telekinetic powers, there just wasn't enough time. The truck hit them.

He was walking down a dark, grungy street, his anger palpable. Most of the people on the sidewalk unconsciously made way for him, though occasionally some young tough would start to challenge him. So far they had all backed down after one look in his eyes. Which was really too bad as he was looking for a good fight. He was still angry with Star, but he was even more angry with himself. He'd fallen in love with a woman who returned his love, and he'd thrown it away. And over what? There'd been plenty of times when he'd held back part of the truth for his own reasons. Had he given her a chance to explain? Of course not. Not good ol' hot tempered Wolverine. He turned in to a particularly seedy looking bar, hoping someone in here would have the guts to challenge him. He really needed a good fight to get some of the anger out of his system. Then maybe he could go home. And face Star.



Read more of To Catch a Falling Star